9.30.2007

Coffee Run

I'm on a coffee and newspaper run early this morning. I turn on the radio and the usual AM news station is talking about how to prepare the flowerbed for winter. So, FM it is. A beautiful voice singing gospel as I scan. The station, I notice, is one that during most other waking hours tells our youth that life is mostly consumed with derogatory terms about race, pride in killing, abuse of women, and living outside of the law. But, on Sunday morning, I guess it's about Jesus. I keep scanning, but I'm stuck in hypocrisy. It's time to start that blog, I think. Things to say that need to be expressed.

Human oneness. Everyone isn't the same; we're beautifully different. But, people are inherently good. Competitive, but not corrupt. How, then, do we get to the point that we embrace what systemically attempts to promote the idea that some of us aren't as valuable as others?

No comments: